Sunday, April 5, 2009

Welcome to my first post!

My name is MJ, and I live in Florida, which is so far south that most of its inhabitants (in winter, anyway) are from the north! I am happily married to Eddie, and this July marks our 2nd anniversary. Over the past 12 years, I've picked up three kids along the way from Eastern Europe, Tanya who is now 18, Nikita who is nearly 15, and Russ who is 14. Eddie and I are currently in the works to adopt my fourth, his first, child also from Eastern Europe! If it all works out, the little fella will be a 4 1/2 y.o. little blondie with Down Syndrome, which should be interesting and fun. He's picked out, but country laws dictate that I can't reveal his picture or his real name, so I will just call him Simon.

We have 3 dogs who run the house: Ellie, a 7 y.o. whippet who is dominant in all things but very sweet in her own way (and on her own terms); Adam, a 6 y.o. whippet who is very wussy and needy and loving and insecure and wonderful; and Daisy, a 1 y.o. Boston Terrier who is eternally happy and absolutely precious!

I am a physical therapist and I do home care. I love it but my goal in life is to be a stay-at-home mom and wife. My husband is a computer guru and French Hornist and pianist. I am very proud of him! He used to play professionally, but now he works from home composing music and designing websites.

I will try and keep this blog interesting as I love to write and I love to make friends! I've called it "SuperMom" in part because my son Russ has LOVED Superman ever since he came home from EE when he was 4, and our household just pretty much runs on anything "superhero-y". And it pretty much takes a "SuperMom" to keep the house running! I certainly don't qualify for this title, but it is what I am reaching for. Maybe someday I'll get there (probably when the last little bird flies the nest!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment